Posted in Love, Missionary Work, Uncategorized | Posted on September 14, 2012
Tags: Commandments, Jesus Christ, Love, Obedience, Self Improvement
12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1. I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
2. I’m trying to love my neighbor;
I’m learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
“Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.”
1. Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee—
Lord, I would follow thee.
2. Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can’t see.
Who am I to judge another?
3. I would be my brother’s keeper;
I would learn the healer’s art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother’s keeper—
4. Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother—
*For All Family Members* Read or tell the story of Abinadi (Mosiah 11:20 – 13:25; 17:1-20). Discuss the story of Abinadi & how he was an example of the believers. Brainstorm ways we can be examples of the believers. Testify of the importance of being an example of the believers.
How was Abinadi an example of the believers?
What things can we do to be an example of the believers?
Re-read 1 Timothy 4:12.
Testify of the importance of being an example of the believers.
*For Younger Children* Share different stories from “Take the Lead” (Sept 2012 Friend). Discuss ways we can be an example. Testify of the importance and simplicity of being an example.
Share simple ideas of how we can be an example.
Testify of the importance & simplicity of being an example.
*For Teenagers or Adults* Watch the video below “Charity: An Example of the Believers“. Re-read 1 Timothy 4:12. Brainstorm ways we can be examples of the believers. Testify of the importance & simplicity of being an example of the believers.
Re-read 1 Timothy 4:12.
Brainstorm ways we can be examples of the believers and live a more Christlike life.
Testify of the simplicity & importance of being an example of the believers.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13×9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
3. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature. (Taken from All Recipes)
1 bag light blue chocolate melts (found in the baking aisle of most craft stores)
1 – 10.5 ounce bag large marshmallows
1 box graham cracker crumbs (I used Keebler brand)
1 – 6.6 ounce bag cheddar goldfish
Large white pearl nonpareils
20 lollipop sticks
1. Melt blue chocolate melts according to package. I recommend placing chocolate in a microwavable bowl and melting in 30 second increments, mixing in between. Do not over-melt or the chocolate will be difficult to work with.2. Place lollipop sticks in marshmallows. Dip marshmallows into the chocolate. Tip: Tap excess chocolate off the marshmallow before proceeding to step 3.
3. Before the chocolate dries, dip the bottom in graham cracker crumbs. Add a goldfish and 2 white pearl non pareils.
4. Allow to dry and then enjoy! If you are making this a day in advance, make sure to place your pops in an air tight container or cover with saran wrap so they don’t go stale. (Taken from See Vanessa Craft)
1- Take some of the treat to a neighbor or friend.
2- Do a secret service for someone in the neighborhood.
3- Play Indoor Foot Volleyball.